Friday, September 23, 2011

Second Life and Locative Media

So I'm currently taking Advanced Projects in Visual Communication Design (DAI 627), a class being taught by professor Jane Veeder of Design and Industry. The class is taught once a week on Fridays, where students are joined together, bringing their laptops in order to explore into the world of Second Life, which will be doing our research for the majority of our semester.

We have also done a navigation event, in which, we, as a class went onto Second Life and explored certain areas, like the Grand Canyon, the Wall of China (I believe), and a small island inhibited by illuminating plants and trees, alluding to a fantasy world of the movie Avatar (2009), only that the most of the scenery was grayscale.

I have posted my experiences of exploring the Grand Canyon on my DAI 627 blog.

One thing I found very surprising about how to view of world by the use of mapping is an embedded version catered to the world of Second Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment